The United States is a popular destination for high-tech professionals to study, work, or settle. They were generally well taken care of by their parents, including providing them with an education and taking care of their needs. These professionals would like to invite their parents to visit them in the U.S., spend time with them and tour the country with them.
Travel insurance should be one of your primary concerns when traveling from India to the USA. One of the most visited countries globally is the United States of America (USA). A majority of the North American continent is covered by the USA, which has a vast expanse and a variety of landscapes, cultures, and experiences that attract visitors worldwide.
The USA offers diverse destinations, ranging from world-renowned historical landmarks to iconic global landmarks. A trip to the USA can be an exciting experience no matter the type of traveler. Alaska’s semi-Arctic terrain in the north or Florida’s and Hawaii’s calm beaches in the south call to travelers of all kinds.
- It should be on your bucket list to visit the USA, and you need travel insurance for the USA to secure this unique experience.
- United States travelers have two primary types of travel insurance:
- Fixed-coverage plans offer limited coverage and are relatively inexpensive.
- However, comprehensive plans cost more but offer more comprehensive coverage.
- These policies are not recommended due to the extremely high medical expenses in the United States, and we will not discuss them here.
- While it is possible to purchase travel insurance for the United States from both the United States and India, it is always better to purchase from an American company.
- For parents visiting the U.S., the following are the most popular travel insurance plans:
New immigrants to the USA, business travelers, students, short visits – whatever the purpose of your trip to the USA, Atlas America can cater to your needs. Central states like Florida, California, and Texas in the USA suffer from disasters and natural calamities every year, such as earthquakes, cyclones, hurricanes, etc. That’s why it has coverage for most natural disasters. This policy even offers a range for emergency medical evacuation, lost luggage, etc.
This plan is designed for foreign visitors to the U.S. and U.S. citizens who live outside of the U.S. and require up to 90 days of coverage. The program provides coverage for new injuries, accidents, and conditions after the plan’s effective date.
However, in this plan, pre-existing conditions, preventive check-ups, and maternity coverage are usually not covered.
Travelers in the USA (Non-US citizens) are offered medical coverage for accidents and sickness through Safe Travels USA, administered by Trawick International.
Since it covers the acute onset of pre-existing conditions, it is popular with U.S. visitors, especially parents of the 70 – 89 age bracket. The plan includes a virtual I.D. card which is good to go once you’ve bought it.
Up to 85 years of age, no medical tests are needed, and cashless hospitalization is available worldwide under this plan. The insurance policy may be valid for 180 days, but you can certainly extend it for another 180 days. You can be covered for a total loss of checked-in baggage, including handbags, with ICICI Lombard’s travel insurance.
Visitors insurance is a requirement for parents when they visit the U.S. There are several reasons why visitors insurance is required for all travellers in the U.S., including senior parents:
- You should make sure that your parents receive the best medical care possible.
- Healthcare in the United States is costly – just one hospital stay can bankrupt most families compared to the risk of having a medical problem. At the same time, visitors insurance is relatively inexpensive.
- Around the globe, millions have been infected with the Coronavirus. Ensure that the medical insurance policy you’re considering provides coverage for Covid-19.
- There will always be simple accidents – especially when one is not familiar with the surroundings – and a trip to the emergency room may cost thousands. The American healthcare system requires payment for services, and without an insurance plan, you will be obligated to pay out of your pocket for medical treatment.
- Your insurance provider will coordinate and pay for medical evacuations if you need to be evacuated to your home country for medical treatment.
- It is not rocket science that your parent could get sick anytime – the stress of travel, different surroundings, weather changes, and so on can cause your parent’s immune system to weaken and cause them to become ill. If your parent has to go to the hospital, the bill that results could be catastrophic for your financial security and your sponsorship if you do not have insurance to cover it.
- Visitors to the U.S. who are legally living and working in the country, even though they have the right to do so, are not covered by the health insurance they have purchased. The U.S. does not allow visitors to join a health insurance plan paid for by those living and working in the United States.
- As a legal resident, you may be responsible for the medical expenses incurred by those that visit you while staying at your residence.
- The peace of mind with a good travel medical insurance policy is also priceless. When your parents are covered for medical and travel emergencies, both you and your parents can be confident that their visit to America, while not risk-free, won’t lead to financial ruin.
- For visiting parents, some of the best plans are Patriot America Plus, CoverAmerica – Gold, Atlas America, Liaison Travel Choice, and Patriot America, given their extensive PPO networks, reliable, comprehensive coverage, and acute onset pre-existing condition coverage.